"Protected by the AEGIS Microbe Shield technology."
SeePoint provides an ÆGIS Microbe Shield
upgrade for all touch screens
and keyboards that we offer for use in any location where concern about
bacteria transmission is a concern. This permanent protective shield
kills 99.4% of all microbes.
WHAT ARE MICROBES?
MICROORGANISMS - A life form of microscopic size
WHAT ARE ANTIMICROBIALS?
- Fungi (Mold/Mildew)
Antimicrobials control, destroy or suppress the growth of
microorganisms, thus eliminating or limiting negative effects of
contamination, staining and deterioration.
The following are key attributes of the AEGIS kiosk coating:
How it Works
- Molecularly bonds-directly and permanently to the substrate onto which it is applied-remains in place and active even after multiple washings
- Can be applied to almost any surface material
- Does not migrate from the surface
- Does not transfer onto the skin
- Does not bleed harmful toxins into the environment
- Is not poisonous
- Does not dissipate over time
- Physically controls microorganisms on contact
- Proven successful in high performance applications where safety and performance are paramount-such as medical facilities, medical soft goods and clean rooms
- Does not create an environment for adaptive organisms and "super bugs"
Quite simply, AEGIS works by physically rupturing the cell’s membrane. The unique organo-silane quaternary compound consists of a long molecular chain (picture a sword) that has as its base a permanent bonding property. This permanently bonded “sword” sticks up from the surface where it stands ready to puncture the cell’s membrane. When the microorganism comes into contact with the sword, the membrane is punctured. Then, the sword’s base, which includes a nitrogen molecule, actually draws the microorganism to it and electrocutes the cell. The bottom line: the microorganism is destroyed on the sword. And, since the AEGIS is not consumed and does not dissipate, the antimicrobial is not depleted. It is a physical control, not a chemical control.